Apple’s Sept. 9th 2009 (a special date to some) event has come to a quiet close. Pineappleope.com was on hand live-blogging earlier today. PAO also got hands on with the few new devices Apple is set to release.
Overheard at the event
“GNARLY! A camera on the ipod! Hot damn!”
“Does Apple have hot booth babes?”
“Would the ipod classic still beat the ipod nano in a fight, considering its now slimmer and the nano has a spy cam?”
“… wheres the iphone color announcement?”
The Hard Facts:
– Apple has cheaper iTouch on the way $199 and $229
– New crappy game apps for iphone/itouch
– New version for iphone – nothing great, mostly bug fixes
– New itunes – more of the same for existing itunes users
– Cheaper shuffle, new colors (OOoooH!)
PAO readers, along with PAO staff, have been vocal regarding the suckiness of today’s apple event. Thoroughly unimpressed all around.