For help, see our advice on Revision strategies and memory techniques.
Exam preparation checklist
The night before:
- Check the right time and place of this exam.
- Check you’ve got the equipment you need – pens, pencils, calculator, water etc
- Determine what to wear. Wear layers just in case the exam room is hot or cold.
- Ensure you have your Student ID card!
- Set an alarm and that means you have sufficient time each morning.
- Eat well and obtain enough sleep if you can.
On the day:
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Check you have all you need for the exam before leaving home.
- Get to the exam room in good time.
- Get some good fresh air on just how if at all possible.
- Turn your phone off and place it in your bag as instructed by the invigilator.
- Take water into the exam room.
When you look at the exam room:
- Check again that you have all that’s necessary. For those who have forgotten something important, inform the invigilator. Continue reading “The easiest way to complete well in exams would be to be sure you are well prepared and have done your revision.”